Monday, September 8, 2008

Slow Beginning

This book's progression is kind of slow, not Stephen King slow thankfully but still pretty sluggish. I rather liked Matt Cairns' side of the story better since his had some more action to it earlier on, and who doesn't love reading about an outlaw rebelling against a corrupt government? That, and Jadey seems to be hot too LOL. Earlier I mentioned that dinosaurs should not smoke pot because we don't want them to be more hungry, but now I see another problem with that as well. Okay sure, it would be a bit much to expect Cheech and Chong level of comedy there but the pot-smoking aspect of this story doesn't bring any laughs to the table at all, and that's so wrong. I hope things pick up soon, introducing a new antagonist to the story would help. We already have the commies but that's not original, they've always been the bad guys. Also, in regard to Gregor falling in love with Lydia, I must add that he appears to be totally whipped and that's funny, LMAO!

2 comments:

Doctor Tall's sing along blog said...

I also liked Matt's side quite a bit more. For me it was the action and the technical aspect. Halfway through, when the story picked up, it was a breeze to read through. Very enjoyable. Gregor and Lydia is a very sad story, I think. These guys have a habit of getting with women who only want to use them. I don't think Elizabeth is like that though. Also, I find the idea of pot-smoking, Cheech and Chong style dinosaurs to be truly entertaining.

messenger_of_death said...

"Salasso's not here man!" LOL, I just had to say that. Not surprising that Lydia was like that though, being the spoiled daughter of a rich trader and all.