Monday, September 29, 2008

Die Emergent Scum!

When I first set out to read this, I thought that this must be better than the last one, please let it be better! Well so far it's been better, but it's still slow and way too long and it doesn't help that I have so many books at home that I'd rather be reading. Then I got to the point when the true purpose of the mindrot disease was revealed, and that pissed me off. So now I read on with the hope that the Emergents will get what's coming to them, those stupid meatbags. Especially Tomas Nau, what with the way he caused the death of Qiwi's mom and then covered it up, then took advantage of her, oh he needs to die slowly for that.

1 comment:

joymaggot said...

Isn't it great when an author can piss you off and completely change your opinion of their book? Sometimes it works for the best, sometimes not. But I agree with you about Tomas Nau - what he did to Qiwi and her mother drew me fully into the book, made me mad, made me want to see the perfect revenge. Vinge came pretty darn close in crafting Qiwi's revenge...but it could have come a bit sooner, been a bit more protracted.