Monday, September 8, 2008

Ending could have been better

Compaired to the first 100 and more pages, the book didn't turn out half bad, infact it did get better the deeper I got into the book, unfortantly the ending could have been alot better, and I wouldn't have minded to read 100 more pages for it to make more sense. The ending just happened and that was it, it was kind of like the Golden Compass movie...it just stopped. Which is the dumbest thing since sliced bread that people can actually get away with a half ass ending.
at the same time, I know there are more books, but I am not planning on reading them, and I think it is really retarded to read one book from a series and not read the rest.
But it is all good, I can just forget I ever read the book once we start a new one.

3 comments:

Muon Particle said...

I don't know, I think sliced bread is a pretty good thing, but then again I guess you can choose your own slice-measure if you can cut it yourself.


I don't think it's "retarded" to not read the rest of the series, simply because sometimes books are meant to stand alone as well as be part of a series, like Ender's Game, the first book was the best, but it is also part of a series. But then again that is also personal preference.

I do agree with you however that the author could have added a few more pages to explain some more things, but I suppose those could be explained in the rest of the books or...not.

Dawn said...

Sliced bread is awsome, especially if you can't do a darn thing in the kitchen except make sandwiches.

I think that the book did what it was meant to do, make you want to read the rest of the series to see where things lead and progress. That is one of the great things about a series is the author can choose where in the books themselves he wants to impart some of the more relevent plotline.

messenger_of_death said...

It does sound like it's a cliffhanger ending, although I won't know if it's worth it until I get there. Other books have done the same thing with success so don't go thinking what happened with this ending was bad until you've seen what's beyond it.