Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Deepness in the Sky

I really don't have a whole lot to say about this book because it is one of those books where it was o.k. to read it once, but once was enough. I was annoyed by how the spiders were almost exactly like humans in every way. It is my opinion that if you are going to use a species with no human characteristics they should not behave like humans. The book also seemed too long for the amount of complexity and details it contained by about 400 pages, maybe more. A book as long as this one should be like "Pandora's Star" by Peter F. Hamilton which is even longer (I haven't read the sequel to that yet). I probably won't read anything else by Vernor Vinge, at least not until I run out of books that I want to read, by authors I like better.

No comments: